Wednesday, December 30, 2009

10 More Ways to Use Essential Oils

1. For aromatherapy scented towels, sheets, etc, place a few drops of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terry cloth and toss into the clothes dryer while drying. Or, add 5 drops of essential oil to 1/4 cup fabric softener or water and place in center cup of washer.
2. Add a few drops of oil to water in a spray bottle and use as an air freshener.
3. Add a few drops of essential oil to a pan of water and simmer on stove or in potpourri pot.
4. To blend your own massage oil, add 3-5 drops of your favorite (skin safe) essential oil to 1 oz Jojoba oil.
5. Put a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and place it in your vacuum cleaner bag.
6. To dispel household cooking odors, add a few drops of Clove oil to a simmering pan.
7. Potpourri which has lost its scent can be revived by adding a few drops of essential oil.
8. Unscented candle? Place a drop or 2 of essential oil into the melted wax as the candle burns. Use caution, please.
9. Smelly shoes can be remedied by placing a cotton ball dabbed with a few drops of lemon oil into the shoes.
10. For a relaxing bath, add to your warm water 4 drops chamomile oil and 2 drops lavender.

3 comments:

Karyna @ PaperSquid said...

Ooh these are some great tips! Thanks =)

Tricia said...

I love these tips! I have essential oils/this gave me great easy ideas for them! Thanks

Kyley said...

I'm using my slow cooker to diffuse essential oils - I kept forgetting to refill the potpourri pot and burning it dry. I fill my slow cooker every morning and add essential oils whenever I need a lift.

Right now my favorite blend is lemon, lavender and tea tree to ward off viruses (and it smells great!)

I posted my favorite essential oil diffuser blend recipes at Easy Aromatherapy Recipes.com
The Cinnamon Spice recipe is a nice winter-warming one.