Wednesday, January 27, 2010

EA Sports Active~Week 1

In case you're not familiar with EA Sports Active, it's a "game" for the Wii. You can use the Wii Fit board with it, but that's optional. It comes with a leg strap (which holds the Wii Nunchuck controller against your thigh during certain exercises) and a resistance band. I started the 30 Day Challenge program last week, and today finished Day 7. The box says it's like having your own personal trainer, and while I'd have to say it's not really *just* like that, I am really enjoying it. It's more like a mini boot camp class in the comfort of your own home. I like that it has set exercises for you to do each day that target different muscle groups. It's more challenging to me than Wii Fit, more focused toward strength exercises, and sometimes I've been quite sore the next day. On easy mode. But, I can't say that I started out in supreme physical shape, so your experience might very well differ! There are built in "rest" days after every 2 workout days, which I really like. The whole concept of the 30 day challenge has so far been helpful to me, and has kept me motivated. And knowing each day is different, and I don't have to think about which exercises to do. I just turn it on and go. I've also been sleeping better at night, which is a nice bonus. So, we'll see how it goes as I continue the program.

No comments: