Monday, October 20, 2008

Best Holiday Truffle Recipe

I love making these for Christmas, to give as gifts or to serve for holiday parties. This is a fun team recipe, too. Mom and I have had lots of fun making these, and my husband, son, and I have made them together, too. They're quick and easy and really tasty. I usually make them with just milk chocolate, but adding the white is nice for a pretty presentation. I also make them larger than recommended here and get about half the number of truffles.

Oreo Truffles

1 pkg. (20 oz.) Oreos
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
15 oz. white candy coating
12 ounces chocolate candy coating

Place cookies in blender or food processor; cover and process until finely crushed.
In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and crushed cookies until blended. Roll into ¾” balls. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Dip half balls in white coating chocolate and the rest in chocolate. Store in refrigerator.
7 dozen.

2 comments:

Vinyl Rocks My World said...

Oh I LOVE these! My sister made them over the summer for her fiance's graduation party, and they were the biggest hit!
Thank you for reminding me so I can make these for my birthday next week! :O)

Jennifer said...

Oh yummy! I am trying this recipe!! :)