Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lotion Making at SoapRehab

I know some people are wary of purchasing handmade lotions and body butters, so I wanted to do an overview of a couple of the processes I go through to make sure SoapRehab lotions and body butters are fresh, safe, and wonderful. First, I sterilize all the equipment to be used with boiling water or dishwasher when applicable. The water used to make the products is first filtered through a Reverse Osmosis filter which is a super micro filtration system often used in medical applications. Then it's heated to make absolutely sure it's ready. Everything is made in a dedicated workshop area outfitted with stainless steel countertops which are non-reactive and cannot harbor bacteria. Sterile vinyl gloves are always used during product preperation. These are just a few steps to give you an idea of the careful, thoughtful prep that is involved in making every SoapRehab product. Safety is my number one concern. And of course, I am also focused on making effective products people will enjoy. Thanks for reading!

No comments: