Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ingredient Spotlight-Mango Butter

The mango fruit is rich in a variety of phytonutrients that qualify it as a "superfruit", a term used to highlight potential health value of certain fruits. It's high in fiber, Vitamin C, and carotene. So they're good for you to eat as well as good for your skin.
Mango Butter is extracted from the fruit kernels. It has natural emollient and wound healing properties. It softens the skin, moisturizes and nourishes dry skin without feeling overly greasy, and is even said to restore elasticity and reduce signs of aging. Also, mango butter is a good source of essential fatty acids. It's hard at room temperature, but melts on contact with the skin making it great in a variety of bath and body products. This is one of my favorite ingredients...I use it in my favorite soap formulation as well as body butter and even lip balm.


2 comments:

Palymama said...

OOOhhhhh... This sounds so luscious! I might eat it before I use it! Seriously this is a very creative blog and very unique. I will definitely bookmark you!

Sara at Soap Rehab said...

Thanks so much! I appreciate your kind words!! :)