Monday, November 17, 2008

I Love Mineral Makeup!

As I said, I love mineral makeup! I started wearing it about 6 years ago when I was in the middle of a pretty bad acne breakout and wanted to change my makeup in hopes it would help clear my skin. I think it was an important part of the clearing process. In case you are unfamiliar with mineral makeup, it is made from crushed minerals mined from the earth and refined to make lovely colors. It's light, long wearing, and many of the formulations out there are non-irritant and non-comedogenic. It doesn't have that heavy, sticky feel of cream foundations, covers rosacea and acne redness better than a cream and without the irritation. I prefer foundation formulations without Bismuth Oxychloride, an ingredient found in a few mineral foundations on the market that is irritating to my skin and makes me look unnaturally shiny. With a quick sweep of the brush, mineral foundation covers well, hiding what I want to hide, and evens out my skin tone. I also find that it helps with oil control during the day and doesn't settle into my pores. My favorite mineral makeup is Aromaleigh (www.aromaleigh.com). With a very wide variety of color options and different mineral products for eyes, lips, cheeks, and face, I can find everything I need to put together all kinds of different looks. Night out? Check. Daytime fresh face minimalist look? Check. Feeling crazy? Check. Aromaleigh also has great prices and *the* best lip gloss. Ever.

2 comments:

Monette Satterfield said...

Thanks for the note about the "shiny" ingredient. I use a mineral powder which would be perfect except my face is excessively shiny early on in the day. I'll check into the formulation of my powder.

Unknown said...

Too love mineral makeup, just like you & used to get it from Ulta.