Trying out my new soap mold has been a blast! The mold I was using was made by my husband, but aside from the sweet factor, I was beginning to have issues with it. These issues were making it more difficult to put the mold together each time, get the soap out of the mold, and then get it cut decently, resulting in some funky looking batches. I ~was~ getting that handmade soap look, but I wanted something easier to use, as well as nicer looking bars. So, enter the fancy pants new mold. Super easy to get the soap out, no problems getting the mold together and apart, easier to cut, and sure enough I got better looking bars (soon to be showing up in my store). Here's a peek at some Brown Sugar Pecan soap when it was still in the mold.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Fun with my new soap mold
Trying out my new soap mold has been a blast! The mold I was using was made by my husband, but aside from the sweet factor, I was beginning to have issues with it. These issues were making it more difficult to put the mold together each time, get the soap out of the mold, and then get it cut decently, resulting in some funky looking batches. I ~was~ getting that handmade soap look, but I wanted something easier to use, as well as nicer looking bars. So, enter the fancy pants new mold. Super easy to get the soap out, no problems getting the mold together and apart, easier to cut, and sure enough I got better looking bars (soon to be showing up in my store). Here's a peek at some Brown Sugar Pecan soap when it was still in the mold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
very nice! cant wait to see your new stuff.
Looks great - and the new mold looks super helpful. I just used a break-away mold this weekend and loved how easy it was to work with.
that is so cool! i've always wanted to see handmade soaps before they get cut. :)
Post a Comment